There are so many horror stories about disreputable or incompetent home improvement contactors that television shows have been made about them. Unless you want to be a guest on one of those programs, take steps to ensure you find a good contractor.
Here are some tips that will help:
- Ask for references. Speak to the references.
- Get a detailed written estimate of the work to be done, and make sure you understand all the terms and conditions.
- Be wary of contractors who insist on large payments upfront. The payment plan should be reasonable and tied to work as completed.
- Ask if the contractor is a member of any professional associations.
- Don't deal with a contractor who offers you a no-tax, cash-only deal.
- Ask the contractor to get the appropriate permits before starting your project.
These tips won't guarantee you'll hire a reputable contractor, but they will increase the chances that you do.Posted by Tony Cikes on
Superb work by the team on this particular topic! People need more information like this! Thank you!Posted by metal roof repair,broward on Tuesday, October 14th, 2014 at 5:25am
Leave A Comment