There are so many horror stories about disreputable or incompetent home improvement contactors that television shows have been made about them. Unless you want to be a guest on one of those programs, take steps to ensure you find a good contractor.
Here are some tips that will help:
- Ask for references. Speak to the references.
- Get a detailed written estimate of the work to be done, and make sure you understand all the terms and conditions.
- Be wary of contractors who insist on large payments upfront. The payment plan should be reasonable and tied to work as completed.
- Ask if the contractor is a member of any professional associations.
- Don't deal with a contractor who offers you a no-tax, cash-only deal.
- Ask the contractor to get the…
531 Views, 1 Comments