How to Find a Reputable ContractorPosted by Tony Cikes on
There are so many horror stories about disreputable or incompetent home improvement contactors that television shows have been made about them. Unless you want to be a guest on one of those programs, take steps to ensure you find a good contractor.
Here are some tips that will help:
- Ask for references. Speak to the references.
- Get a detailed written estimate of the work to be done, and make sure you understand all the terms and conditions.
- Be wary of contractors who insist on large payments upfront. The payment plan should be reasonable and tied to work as completed.
- Ask if the contractor is a member of any professional associations.
- Don't deal with a contractor who offers you a no-tax, cash-only deal.
- Ask the contractor to get the…
567 Views, 1 Comments